Sunday, March 1, 2009

DRAFT 3___both

BRIDE__I walked into the chapel and saw it right away. The walls were covered in red roses. Everywhere I turned--- red. Six thousand red roses that were pinned to the walls of my fathers’ chapel, I couldn’t believe it. Not only had I specifically asked for pink roses but, you couldn’t just pin roses to a room and expect me to be happy with them!! I mean --- there would be two pins per rose. Twelve thousand pin-marks in the walls of my fathers’ private chapel... Oh my god. I
Almost ran into that annoying wedding planner.
“How could, how could you do this to me?!”
“Do what?”
“EVERYTHING!!!! Nothing is the way that I planned it! What kind of a wedding planner ARE you?! I mean look at the roses on the walls of my fathers’ chapel!!! They are RED!!”
“And….?”





PLANNER___"But I WANTED pink!!" the brides face pouted as she looked down at me from her six in loubiton heels.
"Look, I’m sorry. But now exchanging 6 thousand red roses for pink ones will take a pretty long time."
Almost over, it was almost over. I liked being a wedding planner most of the time but it was dealing with frantic brides that I absolutely could not take.



BRIDE___A couple hours later I was sitting by the window, when my soon-to-be husband’s brother walked into the room.
“Hi Luc!” I said
“Hey, what’s up? Ummm I have a...a question…”
I waited for him to finish.
“ I was thinking about asking Julia to marry me.”
I screamed and rushed towards him. Julia was my best friend, my maid of honor.
“When????!!!”
“Uhh…well your almost-husband wants it to happen at the reception…Would that be..?”
“Oh my god! WOW!!! OH this is so exciting! She really loves you Luc. You should get a boat!”
“A BOAT?”
“Yeah, propose on the lake! Its going to be a beautiful night!”
“How do you expect me to get one?”
“Talk to my lovely (I coughed) wedding planner. I bet she can get you one!”
“Ok ill do that, I have to find mind my brother now, well your almost-husband too I guess!”





PLANNER___I was sitting on the back porch, a coke in my hand. The groom walked out of the house, followed by another man, about his age.
" hello Caroline"
"Luc this is our amazing wedding planner, Caroline, this is my brother Luc"
"nice to meet you" I smiled
"Caroline, my brother here has a question for you......Luc?"
"Yeah, umm so i was wondering....well i need...o god, i cant even say it...ok i'm just going to …I’m going to ask my girlfriend to marry me."
I grinned.
"ooooook..." I said
"so i was wondering if you know, you could help out a little?"
" what would you like me to do?"
"Umm well my brother really wants me to propose at the reception.... it would probably be perfect....could you maybe find me a boat?"
"a …boat?"
"yeah, id like to propose out on the lake, at night...its stupid I know.."
"Yes of course, there's a boat rental over down the road. i can go right now actually...i'm free for until the wedding starts, then i have to take pictures, she'll never know! good luck!!!"


….

BRIDE___Oh god, she’s probably going to get them kayak, either that or its not going to be a boat at all. I wouldn’t trust that wedding planner with anything….I grinned, the day just got so much better…

No comments: