Sunday, February 22, 2009

wedding draft #2 ---the bride

As soon as I walked into the room I knew, something was wrong. Something HAD to be wrong. I mean, wasn’t everything else about this wedding totally and completely wrong? Not only did my dress not fit but, the caterers had made clams instead of lobsters—I mean, who eats clams at a wedding?! And then the ridiculously obnoxious wedding planner had changed everything because she said it would “look better” or “be cheaper”. I didn’t WANT cheap! I WANT THIS TO BE THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! But she doesn’t seem to understand that I just want to be happy, ad being stressed out like she’s making me is not helping one bit.
I began looking for the things that would help me with my list that I would use to, I don’t know; sue the wedding planner or something. I walked into the chapel and saw it right away. Oh my god this cannot possibly be happening to me. I thought. The walls were covered in red roses. Everywhere I turned---more red. Six thousand red roses that were pinned to the walls of my fathers’ chapel, I couldn’t believe it. Not only had I specifically asked for pink roses so they would be less overwhelming but, you could not just pin roses to a room and expect me to be happy with them!! I mean think about it--- there would be two pins to each rose. Twelve thousand pin-marks in the walls of my fathers’ private chapel... Oh my god. He’s going to shoot me! I ran up to the room where I was late to have my hair done and almost ran into that annoying wedding planner.
“How could, how could you do this to me?!”
“Do what?”
“EVERYTHING!!!! Nothing is the way that I planned it! What kind of a wedding planner ARE you?! I mean look at the roses on the walls of my fathers’ chapel!!! They are RED!!”
“And….?”
"But I WANTED pink!!" Ok fine, I admit, that was a weak response.
"Look, I’m sorry but this is what they sent me. If you want me to change it now we will have to postpone the wedding. You could have come yesterday to look at the decorations like I had recommended. But now exchanging 6 thousand red roses for pink ones will take a pretty long time."
This was a complete and total lie. She had NOT asked me to come yesterday. In fact, I had suggested it and she said that I shouldn’t bother!
I turned away from her and sat down in the chair for my hair to get done, I couldn’t believe that irresponsible woman!!!
A couple hours later I was sitting by the window, when my soon-to-be husband’s brother walked into the room.
“Hi Luc!” I said
“Hey, what’s up? Ummm I have a...a question…”
I waited for him to finish.
“ I was thinking about asking Julia to marry me.”
I screamed and rushed towards him. Julia was my best friend, my maid of honor.
“When when when????!!!”
“Uhh…well your almost-husband wants it to happen at the reception…Would that be..?”
“Oh my god! WOW!!!!!! Yes that would be great!!! OH this is so exciting! She really loves you Luc. She really does. You should get a boat!”
“Uhhh a BOAT?”
“Yeah, propose on the lake! Its going to be a beautiful night!”
“How do you expect me to get one?”
“Talk to my lovely (I coughed) wedding planner. I bet she can get you one!”
“Ok ill do that, I have to find mind my brother now, well your almost-husband too I guess!” he grinned and ran out of the room.
Oh god, she’s probably going to get them a kayak, either that or its not going to be a boat at all. I wouldn’t trust that wedding planner with anything….I grinned, the day just got so much better…

No comments: