Sunday, May 3, 2009

fraternity- ACT 2nd draft

hey everyone!! Glad you guys could make it out here!! Its been a pretty rough week I know with all those annoying classes but you will make it , I promise!! Now, before we start up the music there’s just on thing that id like to bring to your attention. This will be short I promise. Now, im sure all of you have painted bata bridge at one point in your lives right?? Well, im thinking that it would be a great idea to paint it again. Only bigger. Better. More colors, more, you know, “va va voom”.
Yes, im aware that you have all painted it. It looks nice, a little, two dimensional, but nice. I especially have liked the time every year that a group of people paint the bricks back on it. I always walk by there on my way to the corner and I ALWAYS think that someone has actually decided to scrape off all the paint. That would be an impossible task I know, but it always grabs my attention. THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!!
We need to do something to that bridge that will attract the eyes of everyone at UVA, everyone in Charlottesville, everyone in the WORLD! Any ideas?? You? Have one?
Nobody? Really? Nobody has an idea. How sad! Nobody in this entire fraternity can bear to insert their opinion here? You! Black shirt! Ideas? No. thought not. Well, fortunately, I brought along a few of my own to share. WHAT IF…. We covered it with cotton balls? It would be like we were driving or walking through a cloud! And it would be difficult for other people to try to paint it. all that hard word would pay off because not just anyone would take the time to try and peel them off one by one.
Or a mosaic!! Mirrors could be broken and sanded and placed all over the wall. This would reflect the light and would complement the buildings beautifully!
Well, im sure all of you are sick of me. Let me just rephrase what I was saying in a short, conclusion so to speak. WE could make Bata Bridge truly GREAT. It would be magnificent, different, and good. WE could help our college become even more famous then it already is people will say “those creative young people at uva, they aren’t satisfied with anything but the best, SO creative.” They will say “wow, those people sure know how to make the world more beautiful”. People will say “I want to go to school here.” And WE ARE. Isn’t that right guys??! Aren’t we the best??!! That’s right that’s right! We are. And this is what will lead us to glory my friends. This is the way!!!!

Now that that’s over with… if you’re with me, sign this list, we get together next week, its going to be amazing!! Get excited!! Are you with me?? Are you??! You are!! That’s great! Yes! Guys this is what we all have been waiting for! a venue for our creative currents!

Thank you all and see you next week!!

No comments: